I am a public speaking and presentation skills coach at Freedom Works UK.
Our mission is to transform lives and develop leaders.
I help people to find their voice and unlock their passion for public speaking – whether they have to give prepared speeches or presentations, or speak ‘off the cuff’ in meetings or interviews!
Our entry level course, Speak with Passion is a practical, learn-by-doing ten-week public speaking and communication course combining training on the mechanics of public speaking (body language, voice projection, and speech structure), with mindset training and group coaching, delivered in a fun and supportive group environment.
MY UNIQUE SELLING POINTS:
I’ve been there and know what it’s like when the nerves take over before a big speech, presentation, an important pitch or meeting!
Three things I have learnt in my own journey which are at the heart of our approach are:
- Fears and anxieties around public speaking are completely normal.
- There is nothing that cannot be overcome through practice.
- Your experience of public speaking will transform when you shift your attention of focus to ‘over there’ on your audience. Put your focus on what you want your audience to find out about, think or feel, or act on. Make a difference over there instead of worrying what people think about you.
Our approach is unique and came out of a personal passion of mine to create a course offering that combines training on the mechanics of public speaking with mindset training, while drawing on the methodologies of ontology (exploring who we are ‘being’ when we speak, and creating powerful and useful ways of being) and mindfulness (being present in the here and now).
Our approach is very practical and happens ‘out there’ in the participants lives and workplaces with weekly homework. Participants work towards two outcomes:
- Delivering a major speech or presentation in their workplace or life with confidence and passion.
- Delivering a prepared speech on a topic they are passionate about to a live audience at Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, or an alternative appropriate public venue. This offers a breakthrough experience!
We will also help busy people, executives and senior managers, write their speeches and presentations.
HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN IN BUSINESS:
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD CLIENT:
- Professionals who are starting out in their careers and want to develop their public speaking and presentation skills
- Professionals in external facing roles (e.g. marketing and public affairs)
- Directors of Summer Schools for international students.
HOW SOMEONE WOULD START A CONVERSATION WITH A PERSON THAT THEY THINK COULD BE REFERRED TO ME:
So… that speech/presentation/interview/team meeting you’ve got coming up …
Do you feel prepared?